Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

"This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one. Just a few months ago, it was Sam who was the mythical creature. But now it is spring. With the heat, the remaining wolves will soon be falling out of their wolf pelts and back into their human bodies..."



Linger started off a bit slow for me, took about 8 chapters before it drew me in, after that though I was utterly hooked!

As with Shiver, the characters are written flawlessly. Linger continues with Sam & Grace's relationship trials, as well as the new ones of Isabel & Cole. With Sam & Grace, Stiefvater catches all the promises of a real 'true' young love so beautifully, you can't help but feel everything right along with them. With Isabel & Cole she weaves a path of budding love that straight away you find yourself rooting for them to connect. Relationships aside, the complexity of new wolf Cole himself, was phenomenal. The depth of his emotions, his pain is so gut-wrenching, for me no words can explain it really.

Through-out the entire book, whether it be Sam, Grace, Isabel or Cole time & time again I felt my heart ready to burst for them. The final few chapters are filled with such intensity and heart-breaking emotions. I can't express how much I love this book. Everything about it, the plot, the setting, but most importantly the characters. They take this book to another level, they're simply unparalleled & extraordianary!

Between the rivieting cliff-hanger ending and tumultuous passions, I am left yearning for the final installment. Forever (due July 2011) can not come soon enough!

5/5 STARS

To purchase Linger click HERE
Visit Maggie Stiefvater official website HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment